Associate members of the Football Supporters Federation
Update Monday 14th August 2017
copyright - before any use of the information used on this site you must get permission from either GH Coaches or Crawley Happy Times
NEXT AWAY TRAVEL DETAILS -
Thanks to those who travelled with us to Cheltenham last Saturday – it was an agonising journey, initially on the M25 and then getting through or should I say around Oxford – what normally take 10 minutes, took 45 due to a road closer on the A40 ring road – this delay meant we didn’t get to the Inn for all Season until 1.00pm – about an hour later than expected. We were in contact with them, so they knew about the delayed arrival time, that said when we did arrive the Buffet and Hospitality for our short stay was excellent. We departed at 2.00pm and arrived at the Stadium just before 2.30pm. The return journey via Cirencester and Swindon was much better, deciding to go a different route to avoid the Oxford road works.
One word of warning – when in the pub gardens please mind the slight divots in the grass – as you may come a cropper and fall over – having taken the ownership and warned us all about the small incline, Yvette forgetting her own instructions, decided to show everyone in the garden what would happen if you went down it and she fell over – to the amusement of us all at the time - suffice to say all her injuries are now improving – Shoulder, Knee and Ankle, fortunately no drinks were split.
Our next away game is at Swindon on Saturday 26th August
– again we will be running a supporter’s coach departing the stadium at 10.00am and cost is £15.00 for all travelling – we have not organise a buffet for this trip as it’s the Bank Holiday weekend, with heavy traffic expected on the motorways its possible we may have to go straight to the ground – but we have found a country pub called the “Plough on the Hill” at Bradbury – not far from Swindon itself, if we are not held up we will stop for a time there. We are now taking bookings for this match.
Details for Morecambe Overnight trip – Saturday 7th October
– Bookings are going well with 20 already booked or shown an interest for the weekend - we are staying overnight in the Clifton Hotel in Morecambe, on the Saturday evening. It is an early start on the Saturday morning, departing the stadium at 6.00am. We will have a couple of short breaks and hope to arrive at the hotel for midday where we will book into the rooms – the rest of the day and evening is yours – the Globe Arena is about a 10-minute walk from the hotel and there are a couple of pubs you can use on the way. The cost for the weekend is Adults £65.00 and under 16’s sharing £50.00 – this includes B & B, Travel. We depart on Sunday at 9.30am after breakfast for the trip home.
We are now taking bookings so that we can confirm rooms with the hotel. We will need a £30.00 deposit when booking. For this match, we will not be providing a “there and back” in a day transport.
September away matches – you can now start booking for all these games
Colchester United – Saturday 9th September
- again we will be running a supporter’s coach departing the stadium at 10.30am and cost is £15.00 for all travelling – we have organised a buffet lunch at the “Cricketers” on the way and this pub has Sky Sports so you will be able to watch some of the earlier televised game.
Stevenage – Tuesday 12th September
– the coach for this game leaves the stadium at 4.00pm and will travel directly to Stevenage with no stop planned – for this coach we are having to charge £20.00 so that we can run the coach – however, if you travel to Colchester and book on for Stevenage, your fare will be £15.00 for all travelling
Barnet – Saturday 23rd September
- the coach for this game leaves the stadium at 11.00am and will travel directly to Barnet with no stop planned for this match – fare will be £15.00 for all travelling.
I will be in REDZ on Saturday before the game and a short time after if anyone wants to book on any of the trips and pay deposits for the Morecambe game.
We are now updating our data base of those who have travelled over the seasons - we have sent out our updated form - if you have not received a copy please contact me and I will forward you the form. Thanks to all those who have already completed and returned.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Alain – Alain.Harper@isgplc.com or 07771-792346
Patrick is on Twitter and Facebook, we are also on Twitter as @GHCoaches